In the Terms & Conditions, the ‘Company ‘ shall mean Jackson’s African Safaris (Pty) Ltd, the South African company.
The ‘Client ‘ is the person who has signed up for a safari in a camp(s) or on an organized tour with us – An official waiver for release of liability will be signed by each client. The ‘Tour Operator ‘ shall mean the company ‘Jackson’s African Safaris (Pty) Ltd’ or a third party where the case arises.
There shall be no binding contract between the Company and the Client until the following three conditions are met:
- The Company Waiver of Liability has been signed
- The correct deposit has been received by Jackson’s African Safaris (Pty) Ltd
- The terms and conditions have been confirmed by the client by the signing of the waiver for release of liability.
- A deposit of 30% from each Client is required when wishing to confirm a booking. Some Lodge safaris require a 50% deposit.
- The full amount due by the Client to the Company, shall be payable not less than 75 days prior to the date of departure/start of services in the Companies account.
- No Client will be permitted to commence any itinerary without payment in full being received by the Company. If the full amount is not received, the Company shall be entitled in its discretion to treat the reservation as cancelled, and consequently to forfeit such part of the advance payment as determined solely by the Company. Late applicants may join the tour based on accommodation availability & correct payment of funds.
- Invoices in foreign currencies shall be paid by no later than the date specified on the original invoice. If payment is not made within this stipulated time period, the Client is obligated to request a new invoice as the due amount is subject to currency fluctuations. If a new invoice is not requested and the currency exchange rate has changed to Jackson’s African Safaris disadvantage, a new invoice will be issued charging the difference to the Client/Agent.
- There are no extra charges for clients making direct wire transfer payments. Any charge for the wire transfer of funds is at the clients cost.
Cancellations and refunds
- Any cancellation of a booking by a Client or Agent, must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company. The date on which the Company receives the correspondence or a company recognized Agent, will determine the cancellation charge, if any.
- Cancellation charges will be incurred as follows:
All cancellations must be made in writing to Jackson’s African Safaris. Cancellation of your safari will result in the loss of your 30% deposit. After 90 days before your departure, cancellation fees are as follows:
Written cancellation required: Note – Special cancellation fees may apply for 3rd party bookings.
Changes and Alterations
- “Force Majeure” means, in relation to the Company, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company (including, but not limited to, acts of God, explosion, flood, fire, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, weather changes due to climate change, or other unexpected occurrences).
- The Company shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise be liable to the Client, by reason of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any Force Majeure.
- If the Company is affected by Force Majeure it shall be entitled to, and may in its sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour or safari.
- No refunds are given for circumstances arising beyond the Company’s control, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of the tour or safari.
- In the unlikely event of a vehicle breakdown that is beyond the Company’s control and immediate repair, the Company will arrange to have the spare part sent to the current location in the fastest possible time. The Company reserves the right to alter the itinerary accordingly in order to make up any time lost due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the tour without prior notification and in such an event only agrees to refund all monies already paid and received from the Client.
- Travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory for every Client. All insurance is solely the responsibility of the Client. Before a Client commences a tour, he/she should arrange his/her own insurance with protection for the full duration of the travel, to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and loss of luggage. If a Client falls ill, all hospital expenses, medical expenses, doctor’s fees and repatriation costs are the Client’s responsibility and the Company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour rate whatsoever.
- The carriage and storage of all baggage and personal effects are at all times the Client’s risk and the Company will not accept any liability for any loss or damage of baggage or personal effects.
The Client hereby acknowledges, confirms and records that he/she understands the risk inherent in adventure travel in African destinations and associated activities. The Client is accepted onto the tour and undertakes to do the tour, travel or activity at his/her own risk. The client agrees and concedes that the Company, its representatives and employees shall not be responsible for loss or damage to possessions, or injury or illness to the client or loss of life or consequential damages which might occur from any cause whatsoever, unless directly caused by the Company’s negligence.
The client shall acknowledge an awareness of the proposed itinerary and shall confirm that he or she is medically fit, in good physical and mental health and is able to embark on the tour. Any client with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must declare the true nature of such a condition to the Company before the commencement of the tour. Any failure to declare may result in the cancellation of his/her booking with no refund.
Claims and Complaints
In the unlikely event that the client has a complaint against the company, the Company must be informed immediately, in order that an opportunity is afforded to the company to investigate the situation and provide redress. If the client has any further complaints, these must be lodged in writing to the Company within 1 month of the tour end date. If these procedures are not followed, the Company will not start or continue any such investigation of said complaint.
Company Responsibility and Rights
The information in any brochure and printed itineraries is given in good faith by the Company, and is based on the latest information available to the Company. Printed itineraries serve as a guideline only. The company reserves the right to change the facilities or transport described in any publication without being liable for any compensation or refund.
The Company Authority
Any decision made by the tour guide, acting as a Company representative, shall be deemed final on all matters. The company shall not be responsible or liable for any client who commits an illegal or unlawful act in any country visited, or the consequences of such an illegal act. The client may in such circumstances be excluded from the tour without a refund, at the sole discretion of the Company or Company representative. If the Company considers a client unsuitable for a tour (due to mental or physical illness or implied danger to any other Client or Company representative) it may at its sole discretion decline to carry the Client further. If a Client causes severe inconvenience or annoyance to other Clients, the Company may decline to carry the client further, without any refund whatsoever. This will only occur after careful intervention by the tour guide or Company representative.
- It is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits and inoculations required for the tour, are obtained well in advance and are in order in terms of all the countries to be visited. It is the Client’s responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred either by the Client (or by the Company on the Client’s behalf) as a result of any failure by the Client to comply with such requirements. The Company may not be held liable for any failure on the part of a client to be in possession of the correct travel documentation.
- The onus is on the Client concerned to fully acquaint themselves with the Terms and Conditions set herein and all matters such as visas, required documentation, payment schedules and cancellation policies.
Baggage allowance changes all the time. It is 100% the clients responsibility to ensure you are not overweight in regards to your carry on and checked in Baggage. Rules of thumb for bush flights is 15KG per person in a soft-sided bags.
Booking on scheduled departures
Group Size – The company designs custom safaris for specific groups, and sells little or no set-departure safaris. On occasions we offer specialist set-departure tours.
Our group size usually varies between 2 and 12 maximum. By traveling in small groups, the advantages are that campsites and/or lodges are not invaded and time is not wasted in trying to assemble and control large groups of people. It also enables the Company to offer a far more personal service. Our safaris when they are set-departures are usually made up of individuals, couples and sometimes groups of friends aged between 18 and 65 years. There is no age limit on any tour except walking tours and or special cases noted in any itinerary but an Indemnity form must be completed by a parent or guardian for those under 21 years of age and for those over 65 years of age we require a Doctors note of good health. This is done to ensure your own safety and for consideration of all other guests. Please understand the sentiments in these requirements.
Jackson’s African Safaris partners safari vehicles comprise of fully equipped Toyota Land cruiser 4×4’s or Land Rover equivalent. Depending on the tour itinerary we may use mini-buses to transport guests from airports and to places not requiring the Land Cruiser. Each tour will describe which vehicle will be utilized if required.
The degree of satisfaction and enjoyment you feel at the end of each day and at the end of the trip will depend on you and your capacity to enjoy yourself. This capacity, combined with an active and inquiring mind and a willingness to participate, is essential for all tours. The Company will work with you while your choosing your tour to make sure you are choosing a tour that reflects your wishes for the amount of participation you desire – it is the sole responsibility of the client to know what is expected of them. A degree of flexibility is essential because of the mere nature of the parameters in which we have to operate in Africa.
For Camping safaris, the Company makes use of dome tents sized for 2 people. Thick foam sleeping mattresses are provided for these camping safaris. Other accommodation utilized includes bungalows, rondavels, log cabins, lodges, hotels and tented safari camps, for days where accommodation is specified in the itinerary.
Prices and Local Payment
We endeavor to ensure that every Client is fully aware of all costs involved on each trip. Be sure to read your itinerary carefully, including the inclusions and exclusions. Thank you for your attention.
Jackson’s African Safaris (Pty) Ltd
Here follows our Registration Terms & Conditions document that each client must sign as a condition of booking, simply for your information, this form will be sent to you. This form does not replace the Company Terms & Conditions as set out above. This form is sent upon your request for us to book an agreed safari.
Jackson’s African Safaris designs, plans, guides and makes the travel arrangements for your trip. Jackson’s African Safaris purchases transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant and other services from various independent suppliers, who are not affiliated with Jackson’s African Safaris in any way. Although we choose the best suppliers available, based on long term relationships and your personal choices, we have no right to control their operations and CANNOT, THEREFORE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE which may occur due to (1) wrongful, negligent or arbitrary acts of omissions on the part of a supplier, its employees and others not under the direct control of Jackson’s African Safaris or (2) defects or failures of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle or other equipment or instrumentality under the control of independent suppliers.
Final payment for your safari is due 75-days before departure and no later. Payments made late are subject to late payment charges (5% of Safari Total) and/or Jackson’s African Safaris has the right to cancel all reservations as seen in the best interests for Jackson’s African Safaris.
Lodges, Hotels and Tented Camps
Jackson’s African Safaris or its independent suppliers may find it necessary to make substitutions in the accommodations due to circumstances beyond the control of the company. Normally substitutions are of superior or equal quality. If a substitution of equal or superior quality cannot be secured, tour members will receive a refund for the difference.
Airlines and your international air
Jackson’s African Safaris has no control over any airline operations. Airline delays and extra expenses incurred because of airline delays are not the responsibility of Jackson’s African Safaris. Clients are responsible for providing Jackson’s African Safaris with an airline generated copy of their air itinerary. This must be given in a format that meets the needs of Jackson’s African Safaris. These details provided contribute to a successful safari for you.
Realities Of Travel In Third World Countries
Africa does have its primitive and rustic side. Jackson’s African Safaris is not responsible for the cleanliness of toilets/rest rooms, delays in immigration and customs, occasional equipment breakdowns, and other “third world country adventures” while you are in Africa. If you don’t want to experience some discomfort, stay home.
Optional Activities That May Be Dangerous
During your African Safari, you have chosen to include optional activities which will be furnished by other independent suppliers who are not affiliated with Jackson’s African Safaris in any way. Some of these activities carry with them various inherent risks, including that of attack by wild animals, which can cause serious personal injury, or even death. These activities include, but are not limited to: (a) walking safaris; (b) horseback safaris; (c) camel safaris; (d) canoe trips; (e) hot air balloon trips; (f) fishing trips; (g) African village tours & visits, (h) gorilla and chimpanzee trekking on foot and (i) elephant back safaris, (j) white water rafting, (k) bungee jumping. You should be aware that, although precautions are taken by the suppliers to guard against such dangers, your safety cannot be guaranteed. Should you elect to participate in such activities while you are on your tour, you are, of course, free to do so. However, you must understand that such participation will be at your own risk, and that Jackson’s African Safaris can assume no responsibility for your safety.
Jackson’s African Safaris requests common sense and caution be exercised while visiting any of the cities, towns & villages on the tour. Jackson’s African Safaris is in no way responsible for incidents involving public interaction occurring between a tour member and anyone you may meet in Africa.
Acts Of God And The Like
Jackson’s African Safaris is not liable for acts of God, fire, weather, acts of governments or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, riots, terrorist acts, strikes, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, dangers, incidents due to sea, land and air travel, and other similar acts or incidents beyond its ability to control.
Cancellation And Refunds
All cancellations must be made in writing to Jackson’s African Safaris. Cancellation of your safari will result in the loss of your deposit. After 90 days, cancellation fees are as follows:
90-75 days 50% of tour total ice
74-31 days 75% of tour total price
after 30 days 100% of total tour price – No Refunds under any circumstances.
Trip cancellation insurance is recommended. There is no refund should you leave the safari early for any reason and no refund for any unused services.
Transportation On Safari
It is the policy of Jackson’s African Safaris to provide each client with a window seat while on game drives. However, Jackson’s African Safaris cannot be held responsible should a vehicle breakdown or local conditions result in an occasional situation where a window seat is not available. Some clients will choose to pay for a private safari vehicle, if you find the camp has no other guests upon arrival, this does NOT result in a refund.
Jackson’s African Safaris assumes no responsibility for the attitudes or personalities of tour members and other guests present during any of the safari experiences. Usually, positive and friendly people take safaris. Those who have serious health problems, physical or mental, should not register for this safari.
a) I certify that I have not recently been treated for, nor am I aware of, any physical or other condition or disability that would create a hazard to myself or other members of this tour or it’s leaders/directors.
b) I understand that acceptance of this Registration Confirmation and payment thereof is an acceptance by me of the Terms & Conditions. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THOSE CONDITIONS.
c) I understand that Jackson’s African Safaris reserves the right to adjust prices, without notice, to reflect fluctuations in the Foreign Exchange Markets that Jackson’s African Safaris has no control over, including and not limited to taxes, park fees, fuel prices or special assessments which may be imposed by African Governments.
d) I understand that Jackson’s African Safaris reserves the right to withdraw a tour or any part of it, to make such alterations in the itinerary and/or hotel accommodations as seems necessary or desirable, to refuse to accept or retain as a member of the tour any person at any time, and to pass on to tour members any expenditures occasioned by delays or events beyond its control (In case of an appreciable variation in cost in these, the right is reserved to make such adjustments to rates as necessary).
f) I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS SET OUT UNDER THE HEADING
“Jackson’s African Safaris TERMS AND CONDITIONS.”
Signature of Traveler (Parent if under 18.) Date: